Get real life interview experience and lunch on us!
The Student Representative Council’s Interview Games are set to hit Nathan campus on November 23! Get real life interview experience with the Careers Service’s highly trained Career Leaders and get scored on your interview answers before heading into the great unknown (aka a real life interview with an employer).
This event is a fantastic way to practice your interview answers with people who really know what employers are looking for, win prizes and get lunch on us! While the uni break is a great time to relax, catch up with Netflix and Narcos (highly recommended) and make the most of finishing your exams for the year, it’s also a prime opportunity to get the edge in the employment race. This is why you’ll also have the chance to attend job workshops with our expert Careers Counsellors covering topics like 10 Secrets of Success in Securing Graduate Employment, Standout Resumes, Using LinkedIn to Benefit Your Career and Getting a Job in Australia (for International Students). You can choose which Interview Games session you would like to attend to fit around the workshops – details of which will be posted here later in the week. Registrations are limited so be quick!
How it works:
1. Register to be involved in the games.
2. One group at a time will enter a room where Career Leaders are waiting to score you on your interview answers.
3. You will rotate between stations every 5 minutes.
4. At each table you will be given a single interview question which you will answer. You will then be given verbal feedback and a score on your score card.
5. The student/s with the highest scores win a prize. All attendees get a lunch voucher and a book on interviewing.
Monday 23 November, 11 am – 2:30 pm
Group 1: 11:15 am – 12:00 pm
Group 2: 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm
Group 3: 1:00 pm – 1:45 pm
Group 4: 1:40 pm – 2:25 pm
Nathan Campus, N78 -1.24
To maximise your chances, be sure to get a refresher on interviewing with our online resources.